Sunday, February 24, 2008

Working this weekend

Well folks, here I sit at work again this weekend. On of my co-workers had a death in the family yesterday and needed to leave town. I don't mind working for her under the circumstances. It just stinks all the way around. Fortunately I did get to go to Joel's last basketball game yesterday then out to lunch with his team for his trophy ceremony. He had a great season 4-4, not bad for his first time ever playing the sport! The coach was very impressed with his skills. Jon has been asked to be the assistant coach for Joel's baseball team this summer, and Joel is signing up for football for next year. My life is officially no longer my own! With him now involved in everything and a 10 week old baby, and a job with an on call pager 24/7...I might just go crazy! But I am loving every minute of it!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Way to go Joel, sounds like your quite the sportsman!!

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you love it!!! You are so right--your life is not your own and won't be for many years to come--if ever again....With 10 grandchildren, 6 adult children, plus spouses, siblings, parents, friends, a husband, and almost 400 kids to care for at school--I can relate--but like, you--I wouldn't trade it for the world. There is no greater joy than family and friends and having many to love and to care for!!! I am happy for your full life and happiness!!! It is an answer to prayer!