Sunday, March 9, 2008
My Bithday today...
Today has been one of the greatest birthday's ever! We were a little rushed this morning before church with the time change, but we managed! Jon, Joel, and Aliya had a beautiful card and gift waiting for me when I came down this morning. A new watch! My watched stopped working a few weeks ago and it's been driving me crazy not to know what time it is every second of the day. (I'm a bit OCD in that way) We headed to church and came home after to get ready for our social worker visit. It was visit 3!! We are half way there!!! Just three more to go! Then we went to lunch at Brio (we'd never been, plus we had a gift card!!). Lunch was great! They did screw my order up though so the took my meal off of our bill, nice but not necessary! We ended the meal sharing birthday ice cream! Then it was off to Meijer, there's one here in town going under so sales where through the roof! We spent way too much for only three bags...but we had fun and got some really good deals! Oh, I almost forgot, one of the best parts of today is that Joel was with us. It was actually his mom's weekend, but due to the weather yesterday and them working today we got to keep him all day (until 7pm) it was the best, having BOTH my kids with me on my special day. Anyway, where was I? Oh, then we came home and after almost 30 minutes of trying, we got our webcam on line and up and running! We chatted with my brother and his family out in AZ. They have a 9 month old daughter we haven't met yet, and they haven't met Aliya yet, so it was really nice! Fun too! Then we ate dinner (steak, yummy...yep, just steak, no veggies or potato's...just meat!) while we watched a movie. Then right around 11:15p while my little brother was singing happy birthday to me Jon rushes in the garage...I hung up with Greg, called Martha back and within minutes found Jon emerging from the garage, birthday cake with candles in hand, singing!!! Oh the caked looked so good and I said, "It reminds me of a Bill Knaps cake, do you remember those?"....guess what? IT WAS A BILL KNAPS CAKE!! Childhood memories came rushing back to me as I cut into the double layer chocolate cake! I got to talk to almost everyone today, lots of calls singing happy birthday! I can't remember a year that has been better! Thank you everyone (esp Jon) for making this one of my best birthdays ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Kelly! Maybe we can get together this week to celebrate!
It was awesome to see and talk to you yestersday! Glad you had such a wonderful Birthday!!!
I am so happy you had the greatest birthday ever!!! You are blessed!!!WE love you so much and are just as happy as you are to see you so happy!!!!
Post a Comment