Saturday, March 15, 2008

Our Bug

Several people have asked how Joel is doing lately...He's great! He'll be 10 in October, can you believe it!?!?! He is getting so big (he's pretty normal size wise compared to other kids his age) but he seems huge to me! In fact last night we came across some pictures back from when Jon and I first met. There was little Joel, thumb in mouth...he has changed so much in the past 6 year. His basketball season is now over, 4-4, not a bad season considering it was his first year playing. The coach was beyond impressed with his skills! Next up is baseball. This will be his first year in kid's pitch league. Jon has been asked to be the asst. coach for his team! (I wonder if that means I'll have to take all the pictures now??) I think we have a pitcher in the family, Joel's always been a great hitter, but here lately his arm has improved too and I think he wants to try to pitch! Pretty cool!!! Oh he's also signing up for football for next year. We are about to become extremely busy(ier) parents!!! 3rd grade is treating Joel well. He loves school and excels in spelling (he defiantly didn't get that from me)! He has a kind spirit and loving heart for someone so young! He told me I'm now two mommy's. When I asked him what he meant he said, "You're my step mom and Aliya's mommy...pretty cool huh?". I asked him if that meant I now get double mother's day gifts, he just laughed and rolled his eyes at me! (yes, that too has started!)

1 comment:

bwilhelm said...

Let's see our cute bug!!! Pictures Mommy--pictures!!!!