Aliya had a doctor’s appointment today. 4 shots and a round to Tylenol later we were out the door. She smiled and laughed for the nurse as she got weighted and didn’t make a sound for the doctor as he checked her over. But when the nurse came in with the shots, it was all over! She was smiling as we took her bottoms off, then she started to get that look in her eyes when the alcohol swab ran over her little leg then WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA when the first needle went in. I started crying too... I warned the nurse that I would do that, she teared up as she did the second shot and by the 4th we were all crying! The tears lasted about 5 minutes after the shots were over, then the Tylenol kicked in! You would have though she was high! It was kind of funny actually (not that my baby was in pain, but the the look on her face while she tried so desperately to keep her eyes open.) I’m a bit confused on her percentiles. Aliya is 15 weeks and 5 days old. So if we calculate her as a 3 month old she’s right on, but if we calculate her as a 4 month old, she little. Oh well, she’s healthy that’s all that matters!!!
She is now: 23 3/4" long, weighs 13 3/4 and her head is 15". (If you calculate her at 3 months she is 47% for length, 70% for height and less than 3% for head) (if you calculate her at 4 months old she is 18% in length, 40% in weight and less than 3% for head) Our doctor doesn’t talk to us about percentiles, he said that it gives mom’s a complex. So we get the info on her stats and look it up on line.
She’s sleeping right now!!! Oh, I almost forgot, for 3 days in a row now she’s slept from 9p-6a!!!! Way to go Aliya!
2 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the tears!
Don't worry about percentiles. Our doctor doesn't put much emphasis on them either. Aliya looks great and is as adorable as ever. :)
You forgot one percentile:
Aliya is 100% CUTE !
Post a Comment