Monday, May 12, 2008

Dedication Sunday/Mother's Day

Yesterday was one of the most special days in my life. I ranks right up there with my wedding day, starting my new job and the first time Joel told me he loved me as a mommy. We had Aliya dedicated at church. We had the largest cheering section there! 22 total! It felt so good to have so many people that I love standing around us worshiping the God we so humbly serve and then snapped tons of pictures as we proudly stood in front of the church and gave our commitment to God to raise our daughter in church. Joel was able to stay with us through the dedication so he went up front with us and proudly held his sister's hand and prayed for her. He did have to leave right after we sat back down, but it was so nice of his mom to let us keep him for that, I am truly thankful! After the service we all went back to the house and we ate a yummy meal. I didn't have to cook any of it! Everyone offered to bring something and of course I said yes! Mother's day cards were exchanged, dedication cards and gifts were opened. By 6pm I was ready to crash! The last few people left right around 6:10pm and I was asleep on the loveseat by 6:11pm. Our poor little angel was suffering from her first cold so she went from snot dripping from her face to medicine head. But she really was a trooper! She smiled at everyone and didn't mind getting passed around. She studied every one's face as they held her...we truly have a social butterfly on our hands. I was afraid that she would have a rough night sleeping with not feeling well, but it was just the opposite. We gave her her last dose of medicine and turned on her humidifier and didn't hear a peep until 6am, I put her Binky in her mouth and she slept until 7:15am. I on the other hand barely slept at all. I kept thinking I was hearing her sneeze and I'd wake up and look at the monitor. I was beyond tired when I woke up this morning.

Below are a few pictures taken at church on Wednesday night. It was really nice to have a family picture taken!






2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad the big day went so well! Love the pics... what a beautiful family!!

I hope Aliya is feeling better soon.

Jamie said...

The pictures are great!! I agree with Laura, you guys sure have a beautiful family!!

Hope Aliya is feeling better soon and you can get some rest.