Friday, May 9, 2008

Our exciting Friday night

While most are out to eat or to a movie, or watching TV, this is how my husband and daughter spend their Friday night...It's been a long week. (did I mention this picture was taken before 9pm?!?!)



We have a very busy weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow we have to get the house ready for Sunday. Joel has a game Saturday afternoon at 1pm. My mom and step dad should arrive around 5pm to help set up for Sunday. Sunday Aliya is being dedicated at church! We are so excited. We believe that baptism is a choice, so she will be dedicated on Sunday then when she is old enough to understand what baptism is she can then choose to do so. After church we are having friends and family back to our house for a little celebration! Since is it also Mother's Day I have a little something planned for the mothers and grandmothers that will be attending! I can't wait to see everyone! Aliya has changed so much in the past month. Sunday she will be wearing a beautiful white crochet dress given to her by her grandma W.

Because it is Mother's day, Joel will not be with us :( I asked his mom if we could keep him at least through the dedication, he really wants to be there for it! She has yet to return my call, so hopefully she will soon! Joel attended the dedication orientation with us on Wednesday. He did his homework for most of it, but paused to listen for parts. On the way over to the church earlier that night we talked about what the difference is between dedication and baptism. He asked if he was either, we confirmed that he was dedicated, but not yet baptized. We had a very mature conversation about baptism. The next morning on the way to school he made a comment about a few things said the night before in the orientation that completely blew my mind. He WAS paying attention and he DOES get it! I can't wait for the day he tells us he's ready to be baptised!! Then we'll have to another party to plan!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Joel is getting so grown up!

I love the pic of Jon and Aliya too cute!!

Have a great Weekend!!!

Happy mothers Day!!