Last week Joel had his spring concert at school. I have never been so proud! I smiled the ENTIRE program. Let me back up to Joel and my conversation that took place that morning before school, "Are you excited about your concert tonight?" "Yeah I guess..." "What are you supposed to wear tonight?" "Appropriate dress", "what does that mean?", "I dunknow...something appropriate". This went back in forth a few times with me asking Joel what appropriate meant, because back in the day appropriate meant, nice pants/dress and shirt. Who knows what I means now a days. So, I picked Joel up early from his after school program and we headed to Target for a new pair of pants. We don't dress up much in the family so all he had were shorts and jeans. And heaven forbid my son is the sloppy dressed kid on stage. After looking at the few choice we had Joel chose his new pair of pants and a belt to go with it. We rushed home for a quick shower and dinner before we had to be back at the school. We get there with minutes to spare and I notice that the other kids in his class are all wearing jeans/shorts/Tee Shirts...my kid is the ONLY boy with dress clothes on. My first thought is, "he's going to kill me". But he didn't. He smiled all the way through the program! Then afterwards he showed us his art work along the halls of his school. You would have though he had just been awarded a million dollar scholarship the way I was smiling and the pride that I felt that night watching him on stage, in fact, I almost cried. What is wrong with me!?!? I finally got to meet Joel's teacher, Mrs. Miller. She is a wonderful woman who genuinely cares about her students, I am so glad Joel has her as a teacher this year.
He did great!

He looked at us every time he danced by!

Singing his heart out, that or trying not to laugh...not sure which!

Taking a well deserved bow

Joel and a buddy from class playing after the concert
3 comments:
I would have been smileing too!!I bet he did a terrific job!!
Joel you looked so handsome!!
Great pictures! Loved every one of them. Joel--you looked wonderful!
We are so proud of you!!!
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa Wilhelm
Well, I bet Joel was the most handsome boy at the concert then. :)
Great pics!
Post a Comment