Sunday, October 26, 2008

What's up??

It has been a busy week as usual! Although I don't have any pictures to share (I really need to remember to take my camera with me!) I thought I'd jot down a few things that happened this week.

Monday night Jon and I spoke at a Adoption Preparation class at our local hospital. We attended this class in May 2007 and were asked to come back and share our adoption story! The couple that went before us was all over the process, they interrupted each other several times and their timeline was really hard to follow. I was REALLY nervous at first, but as I started talking the words just came to me! We passed around our lifebook and photos of Aliya and our family. It was great! After our presentation several couples asked for our emails and we've heard from one couple already! There's that common bond again. This bond you have with complete strangers because they are going through the exact same thing. I suppose pregnancy and childbirth are the same?

Work has been very slow for me this week, it's the calm before the storm. We are opening our new home November 1st...I'm about to become really busy! But I'm ready for a change!! Jon had inventory this week so he was at work late a few nights this week.

Joel is still amazing. He is defiantly developing that pre-teen attitude! Everything we ask of him is followed by a grunt or eye roll. I do have to admit, he is still really good compared to a lot of kids his age. He could be A LOT worse! School is going well, he excels in Spelling (he didn't get that from me). On Wednesday night we actually had to google his math homework because I had no idea how to help him! He had to add to subtract? What the heck? But after Jon looked it up, it was pretty easy!

Aliya is as cute as ever! She is struggling with a runny nose right now. We don't think she's sick, but there are two little white spots in her top gums. Today she spent most of the day with daddy, but his snuggles weren't quite good enough, she wanted her mama! She is kissing EVERY baby she comes into contact with (and usually makes them cry). Yesterday at Allison's (my niece) 1st birthday party she planted on right on her lips and made her cry. Then William (nephew) came and again, she went right for his face! He got her back and actually made her cry! At church this morning he met a little guy named Isaac...yep! You guessed it! Big wet one right on the kisser and YEP tears instantly! She just looks at them like, "what?" She kisses the mirror, her babydoll, her mommy and pretty much everything else that remotely resembles a face. She is also saying "ut-oh", it's so cute! She's still walking around the furniture with ease, but not standing yet on her own. She's in 12month clothes and size 3 shoes.

We are planning a trip to FL at the end of January! Jon's sister, Holly, is getting married on the 31st so we are packing up and flying down! Aliya and I may go a few days early to get some visiting in with my side of the family and then Jon and Joel would follow. Then after the wedding, the kids and I will fly home and Jon will stay an extra week to help his folks pack up and make the move to Ohio!!!!! These aren't definite plans yet, but this is what we're working on!

I love this time of year! The leaves are BEAUTIFUL around here and I hope to get some good shots of the kids playing in the leaves! Oh, I made homemade crab Rangoon tonight!!!! YUMMY!!!! Thanks Nett for the recipe! I was patting myself on the back all night!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Laura said...

So glad to hear the presentation went well. I do understand what you mean about finding connections with strangers. I have many good friends from our days of struggling with infertility, simply because we were all going through the same thing at the same time.

Good luck with the new home!

It was great to see Aliya and I'm sorry about Ally's not liking the big smooch. LOL She's a pretty sensitive little girl. Thanks so much for coming to the party!!