Monday, November 24, 2008

Under the Weather

We had a great weekend up North this past weekend until 2pm yesterday. We got back into Dayton right on time to drop Joel off at his mom's then around 2pm Jon and I looked at each other and both said, "I don't feel so well". Within the hour we were both throwing up and coming out! YUCK! We both were in bed by 9pm and were up most of the night. I experienced heartburn for the 2nd time in my life and thought I was dying. Jon was still not well this morning so he called in sick to work. I on the other hand was weak from all the puking but had to go in today. I had 20 guests coming for Thanksgiving Dinner at work at 6pm and had not shopped yet. Thankfully this year I asked each guest to bring something, so I didn't have to do it all. I think I'm finally getting that it's okay to ask for help! Imagine that! Anyway...I'm feeling much better now, still not 100%, but I would say I'm at least 85% better. Jon's still not great and Tracy, Joel's mom, called today and said that Joel stayed home from school, also throwing up. I took Aliya to the sitter's this morning so she could stay in her routine and Jon could have some alone time to feel better. She's had loose stool tonight twice. I'm hoping she's better by morning, poor little thing. It was a good thing I went to work today, our Thanksgiving dinner was a HUGE success!! Everyone had a great time and of course, I forgot to take my camera out of my purse! I hear a little ladybug stirring in her bed... I better go check on her!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I sure hope you are all 100% soon. It sounds like what we seem to get each year. Here's to hoping it skips our house this year (:

Congtrats on your Thanksgiving dinner being a success!!

Laura said...

Josh got it the worst around here. I'm feeling yucky, but not nearly as bad as he was. The kids have been kind of off, but thankfully no throwing up! I think it may have been food poisoning to hit that many people that fast.