Friday, December 5, 2008

Pay it forward, Starbucks style

I went through Starbucks this morning for my twice monthly "Starbucks' Friday" treat. When I got up to the drive-thru window to pay the employee told me that the car in front of me paid for my coffee and said to wish me a "Merry Christmas". Very cool!!! He then went on to say that the car before them paid for theirs and the car before them paid, ect ect. He then asked me if I would like to pay for the car behind me and keep the chain going. He said that I was the 44th car that morning to pay for the person behind me. HOW STINKING COOL IS THAT!??!! So, of course, I paid for the woman behind me, who must have ordered the entire right side of the menu (my $4.75 coffee cost me over $6) but I didn't care, what a neat thing to do. The man told me that last year this happened with a 16 car streak, this year they were up to 44 and it was only 8:45am. It was a great way to start the morning!!!! So I leave you with this idea, next time you are in the drive-thru, pay for the person behind you and ask the worker to wish them a Merry Christmas! What a cool way to show God's love in a practical way!