Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back in the swing of things...

It's day two home and back to work. It's day two of not unpacking...I did start some laundry but that's as far as I've gotten. I have ZERO motivation to do anything at home or at work. Jon is still editing our vacation pictures, so as soon as they are done I'll get them posted. I broke out with a cold sore/fever blister Wednesday morning so most of our pictures have me with a fat lip. I had to strategically align myself in all our pictures to show the side of my face without the cold sore!

We had so much fun! Aliya got to meet her Great Grandma Caryl and Aunt Kim, Karen and Cousin Randy. We had a great time playing games and playing in the pool. It was Aliya's first time in the pool and she loved it! She spent half the time in the water with Joel and me and the other on daddy's lap on the side. Joel and I played a fierce game of water volleyball (which was actually us trying to bump a blue bouncy ball back and forth, no net...we weren't that good, but it was fun!) We also tried our hand a shuffleboard, Joel's really good! Me, not so much! Joel also tried rollerblading for the first time. Aunt Kim brought over some blades for him and gave him his first lesson. He did not like it and was eager to sit down and get them off! He had all the protective equipment to boot!

After dinner on Tuesday we said our goodbyes and headed to Orlando and stayed with a very nice couple that are friend's of Sarah's. They were gracious hosts and we enjoyed our time with them! And their King sized bed (Jon and I both agreed that a new bed will be our next bit purchase!) Wednesday we headed to The Animal Kingdom (thanks again Sarah!). It was a great day! Jon and I took turns riding the rides with Joel. Joel was determined to get soaked on the white water rafting ride...he rode 3 times and barely got wet! Oh well, sorry bug! The day was the perfect temperature, not too hot and a gentle breeze. After a long day of animal watching we met up with Sarah and Rachel and went to Caraba's for dinner (YUMMY)! It was great to spend some time with them! We can't wait until they move to Ohio and we can see them more often!

Thursday we were back in Tampa. Everyone decided to head to the NFL Experience at the stadium, but I just wasn't up for it. It looked like rain outside and Aliya was in desperate need of a day of nothing. I am really glad we stayed back, about 20 mins after everyone left it started raining (and didn't stop for 10 hours)! Holly, Jon's sister, came over and we worked on wedding stuff! Everyone got home around 8:30p and was soaked and frozen to the bone. Joel was excited to show me his autographs that he got and Jon shared the pictures from the day! They had a lot of fun!

Friday morning was a bit of a mad rush to get last minute plans for the wedding done and the cars packed up! Holly and I headed to the nail salon where she got her nails done and I got a pedicure...nice... We got back just in time to jump in the car and head to Fort Meyers! It was about a 2 1/2 hour trip. Aliya was ready to get out and run by the time we finally got there! We stayed at a beach front Holiday Inn and shared a suite with Jon's folks. We had our own room with a crib and Joel crashed on the sofa pullout in the living room. Our back wall was glass and over looked the ocean with a huge balcony! We spent several hours in the banquet hall going over plans for the wedding and rearranging tables and such. I probably got on the hotel staff's nerves. I asked a million questions and gave a million orders. I just wanted everything to be perfect for Holly and Chaz.

Family started to arrive later that night and we headed to Hooter's for dinner (hence the new picture on the top of the blog). The food was a bit disappointing, but the fried pickles were great! It was so nice to have everyone together in one place! Aliya started to have a melt down around 8pm so we grabbed her orange balloon and headed back to the hotel. That night as the kids slept we put the finishing touches on the bouquets and went over last minute plans for the wedding.

Saturday morning I spent a lot of time in the banquet hall before I headed out to the beach to help set up the ceremony site. It was a beautiful sunny day, but it was chilly! The wind was blowing and I was so cold! I spent about an hour out there in the sand putting on all the finishing touches on the alter when Jon yelled out that I only had 30 minutes left before we needed to be ready! HOLY CRAP! I still had to shower, shave, dress, do my hair and get Aliya ready! Oh yeah, and figure out how to cover this GIANT red lip of mine. Thanks again Aunt Terry for all your help with Aliya while I was getting ready! Both kids looked amazing! Joel carried Chaz's ring in a beautiful shell lined with lace from Syliva's vale. A steal drum beat as Holly was escorted from her room to the beach by her dad. Tom took over at the end of the row and walked her down the isle to her future husband! She looked stunning! (as you will soon see in pictures) Chaz's best friend, Mike (great guy!) was his best man and Sylvia was Holly's matron of honor. It was perfect! Aliya did okay, she hated the sand under her bare feet but didn't want to be held during the ceremony...she looked too cute to be so fussy!

After the vows, family sand ceremony and kiss Michelle announced the new couple to the group and they danced back down the isle!!! Pictures followed and then it was off to the reception! It was perfect! Jon was off with his camera and I helped cut the cake! It was so much fun!!!! I was so tired by 3:30p and ready to crash. I prayed Aliya was ready for a nap (hoping I could sneak in a few winks myself) but she wanted nothing to do with a nap! She was too involved in what was going on around her. Once the sun started to set we headed down the beach to watch the sun disappear into the water. It was perfect! Joel decided to go swimming with his cousins and Uncle after that, so the rest of us relaxed in our room until we all crashed at 11pm.

Sunday we all had breakfast in the hotel restaurant then packed up and headed to the airport! It was sad to say good bye, but what a week! I finally got my Starbucks as we waited for our plane!!!! Aliya was restless on the plane ride home and we landed in Dayton to 40 degree weather and no ice on our van! Thank you Lord!!!!

We are so thankful that we had this opportunity to spend with family and friends! We had so much fun and can't wait to start planning our next vacation! (yeah right!)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like such a fun filled vacation!! So glad you all had such a wonderful time... can't wait to see pictures.

No hurry in getting back into the swing of things...things will always be there (:

Laura said...

Wow, sure does sound like a busy, yet FUN, time!

I'm glad you all had fun and can't wait to see some pics.

Pirate Lady said...

Today is the first day I am totally alone, no hubby, no family or friends or pirates! I am deleting all charity emails for Tampa, as in a neck brace.....I have decided to take my family's advice and give it up. When we move to Dayton, someone will need me! I will NOT leave my bed except for a bathroom break or something to drink...........clearing out the DVR. Cannot wait to see everyone's pictures. Holly's wedding would NOT have happened without my KJ, Jon, Jimmie, LA and the rest of the family. The very most two precious moments were seeing Tom hand her over to Chaz and the dance with my husband and our beautiful daughter. I know it was chilly and sometimes rainy in FL but it was NOT OHIO!! Thank the Lord for my family getting that break. Jimmie and family are home now, life is great, let's all get sme much needed rest and we will see all our pics and go down memory lane. Mission accomplished.

Love, Mom