Last Friday I took the day off (due to working an unexpected 3rd shift a few days before) so Aliya and I headed to Washington Court House to have lunch with family. It was originally just going to be Martha and us, but after to talking to Greg and dad on the phone, we all decided to make a family lunch of it! We met at Dakota Grill and had some yummy food!! Of course, I didn't remember to take out my camera until the very end, so I only got a few shots of the afternoon together. Oh, I almost forgot. About half way into lunch Aliya looks over at me and with huge eyes said, "potty". I affirmed her using her words and repeated her and went on about my meal. Then about 3 minutes later she said it again, only this time with power behind her words and she grabbed her pants. I scooped her up and took her into the bathroom, of course she had already gone in her diaper, but as I was changing her she said, "potty" with a huge smile on her face!





(since then potty is talked about all the time in our house. She was in the bathroom at Jennifer's yesterday morning and kept putting the lid up on the toilet, so I stripped her down and sat her on it. She screamed...it didn't go well, but the interest is there! I need to dig her potty chair out of the shed and set it up for her just so she can start getting familiarized with it)
1 comment:
Glad you had such a wonderful time.
Good job Aliya...have fun learning to use the potty. lol.
Post a Comment