Monday, April 6, 2009

Pee Pee on the Night Night

I am working 3rd shift tonight, so Aliya and I were home all day together today. After and EXTREMELY long afternoon nap (almost 3 1/2 hours) we ate dinner and decided to head to Target to pick up a few items. While there Aliya was begging to get out of the cart and walk around she kept saying "down peeeeee", so after a brief set of "stay with mommy" directions I let her down. She did great, she walked beside me the entire time and only held my hand for a few minutes. She introduced herself to only the people who did not make initial contact with her. Those folks were greeted with the shy head tilt into mommy's leg and then as they passed she would finally say hi.

We needed to fill a few scripts giving us about 10 minutes to kill, so we wondered over to the baby section and looked at the potty chairs. She studied each one and said "potty" several times before loosing interested and moving on to something else.

Once home we talked about going potty some more, her potty chair is buried in the shed (I think). My goal tomorrow is to find it and get it cleaned up for her. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to see what she would do being naked. This is something we've never done before, so I thought what the heck! She LOVED it! She ran around in just her socks for a few minutes then those came off with a valiant toss over the gate to the downstairs. I spread out her night night blanket and she practically dove onto it. She rolled around and laughed, she crawled around the floor and laughed and at one point did a few yoga positions on her night night and laughed some more. Then she got really quiet for a few seconds and looked up at me...(at this time she was balancing on her head with her butt in the air beating her belly like a drum) I did a quick scan of her body and noticed her butt was moist just a bit and there was a puddle forming under her. She grinned so big I thought her mouth was going to stretch off of her face. Needless to say, her night night got a bath and she got cleaned up and PJ's put on right away.

It was a great 10 minutes of nakedness!!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Kids just love naked time. LOL

Jamie said...

That's how we potty train in this house,just let them be naked (: