Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

Memorial day would have been perfect if Joel would have been with us, but alas, he was at his mom's. We were invited to two cookouts on Monday...I think I ate my weight in hamburgs, but it was a lot of fun!

First we went to our friend's Amy and Henry's, the have 2 boys Joel's age and 2 girls Aliya's age. The kids all had their swimsuits on and were in the pool cooling off. Aliya wasn't too sure about the baby pool, as the water was still pretty cold, but she had a great time running around with her friends.


Aliya and her friend "A" (I don't want to post her name without mom's permission) in the pool. A is a twin and has the most beautiful eyelashes. She and her sister are 2,it was cute to see them run around and play together!


Here is "D", Aliya's other little friend ("A"'s twin), she was so quiet, in fact, I don't recall her saying anything the entire time we were there. What a cutie!


Daddy trying to get Aliya to smile for me, again, not happening!




Next we headed over to Jon's brother's house for some corn hole and burgers! After a yummy dinner I threw the baseball around with the boys. It was fun to play catch! Then the corn hole set came out. Corn hole is NOT my game...After playing a few games with the boys, Jon and Jimmy took their turn. Aliya liked playing too, her throws landed about 2" in front of her and then she climbed on the board.

She was walking around showing everyone her "body" and lifting up her shirt. I hope this isn't a preview to her college years at parties!


"What's in this hole"??


Jon and Jimmy are pretty good...


My SIL, Leigh Ann, Jared and Ryan (can't tell they're related, can you!?!?)


This is Aliya's "rasta" look, Ryan giving kisses good bye


The last picture of the night. Aliya did very well all day considering she only had a 20 minute morning nap. It was a great day!!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun day.

Laura said...

Looks like fun! I especially like the last picture of Aliya checking out her mommy. :)

Dumb Mom said...

You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing:)

Sweet Patience said...

I love her 1 piece bathing suit and I also love the last picture of Aliya looking at you while the picture is being taken. She loves ya!

Marian said...

Ok I just have to ask...what is corn hole? And I love the pic of ya'll two!!!