Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Too cute for words!

This was Aliya on Sunday after church. My mom picked up the shoes at a local consignment store and I had the perfect hand-me-down pants to match! Aliya calls her barrettes her "pretty". She does an okay job keeping them in her hair, but we'll keep putting them in with the hopes that she'll get used to them one day and leave them alone!






Aliya had her first official play date Saturday night with Gage. (you'll have to excuse the order of these pictures, they are backwards!) Aliya is only 6 days older than Gage, but he is about 2" taller and 5 pounds heavier! He is so smart and we absolutely loved having him over. It is my hope that these two kiddos will grow up being great friends!

Here they are getting ready for bed (Aliya yelling "night")


Aliya is showing Gage how to "jum" (jump) at first she wasn't sure if she liked him sitting on her "Jum Jum" but she quickly got over that and laughed and clapped as he jumped!


After dinner we went for a walk, Aliya wanted to take her baby for a walk in her stroller, little did she know Gage would be doing the pushing!


They are just too cute together!


This one was taken while we were waiting for Gage to come. I asked Aliya if she was excited for her friend to come and she yelled, "YEAH"!!!!



Aliya was home sick Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week. She cut two teeth last week and I think it was just too much for her little body. (two more are on the way, so I hope we don't have another round of sickness soon) I stayed home with her Wednesday and Jon stayed home with her Thursday and Friday while I was out of town. I found these two pictures on my camera when I got back into town Friday afternoon... They were just too precious not to share!

11 comments:

Sweet Patience said...

I love those Kelly Green shoes with polka dots and the matching pants! Adorable.

Jamie said...

Aliya looks super adorable in her pretty outfits and her flower clips.

I loved all the pictures of her and her friend Gage so cute together. Reminds me of Chey and her friend Malu.

Laura said...

Super cute pics, especially of the green outfit!

Laurie said...

Oh isn't she such a pretty girl!!! My 2 year old calls her barrettes and jewelry "pretties" too! So fun. I just love this age.

Aliya- you look great in green, girl!!

Deb said...

So pretty. Those shoes and pants are perfect.
The picture of her kissing her daddy is adorable.

Marian said...

Love the green shoes & pants...what a cutie pie! Just wanted to ask how long it takes to do her hair. I would like to have Tess' done but not sure if she would sit still. Any thoughts?

Marian said...

Thanks Kelly for the hair tips...could you send me the name of that yahoo group you mentioned? Thanks so much!! I'm also still trying to find the best hair product for her!

Jill said...

just found your blog through marian's musings. your daughter is absolutely precious! please forgive all the lowercase, i have a wee one in my other arm! lol! thanks for allowing me to follow along!
hugs, jill

Jill said...

hey kelly! i told my hubby about your blog and he asked where you were located. i had to come back and check, and was surprised to see you are just an hour away from us!! we live in columbus!! small world!!
hugs, jill

sorry for all lower case.....miss vivi is in my arms cuddling!!

KT said...

Hi Kelly! Thank you so much for leaving a comment...I'm glad Lanie gave you the blog site! I'd LOVE to chat sometime. Maybe we could get together over or just chat on the phone? My email is Katie@GodsFarmacy.com. Let's set up a time!

Dumb Mom said...

Cute photos! Can't believe you missed the show?! I actually started to love Ed a little on the show. Still sad for Reid who was all in love with her still. Kip is gonna be fine. He was still cute, and sweet, and HOT, but he seemed to have his emotions under control. Can't wait till next season. Think they'll make any of the guys the next bachelor?