Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trying something new!

So I bought a new hair product for Aliya today, Cream of Nature. It came highly recommended by a friend awhile back and I finally found out after going to several different Wal-Mart's in our area. And I have to tell you I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aliya's hair has never felt so soft and easy to work with!! Thanks Kris for the tip!

So after bath tonight I decided to try a new style on Aliya. I don't remember what it's actually called, and it didn't turn out the best, but I'm pretty proud of myself for my first try! I need to work on getting her parts even and straight. I think it looks okay while she's sitting close in front of me, but when she walks away and I see the finished product I'm not exactly thrilled with it. I hope to get at least a week's wear out of this style before we have to take it down and start over! Aliya was so proud of her "pretty" that she kept showing daddy!!








7 comments:

Jill said...

Kelly, Not bad girl! I am impressed! Much better than I think I could ever do! Want to give me some lessons? LOL!
How'd you get her to sit stil for that?
Hugs, Jill

Deb said...

Ditto Jill's question, how'd you get her to sit still.
It looks great especially for a first try.
I've been using their leave in conditioner on Isabel and have liked it so far.

Laura said...

I'm not sure that Ally would sit still for something like that... it's hard enough to get two pigtails in! LOL

I think it looks great! So glad you found a nice new product, too.

Jamie said...

Looks so cute, you did a great job. Good job Aliya for sitting still for Mommy (:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kris said...

AWESOME! Is that the piggy back braids! They look great! And you are welcome for the product recommendation! Isn't it the greatest!!!!! :)

Rachel said...

Kelly -

Thanks for the bday wishes on my site!

Your daughter is precious. I just today "found" you, and I'm thrilled. There's an excellent chance we will have an AA daughter, and hair is something that preoccupies MANY of my thoughts lately!

I can't wait to read more!

Blessings,
Rachel