Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ashland

This past weekend we traveled up to Ashland. We had a great time. Friday night my grandpa was inducted into Ashland High School's Hall of Fame! Kristy watched Aliya for us so Jon and I could have an evening among adults. We realized after we left her screaming at Dan and Kristi's house that this is the first time EVER that we have had someone watch her at a place she doesn't know. (I think twice someone from church as watched her and that's about it) It ripped my heart out to leave her, but we had a great time honoring grandpa!

Here's Aliya getting ready on Saturday...no music on the headphones, only the music in her head


We stayed the night in a hotel with Mom and Mike Saturday night and had a relaxing Sunday. After breakfast Aliya and I went swimming. Mom took pictures of Aliya jumping off the side of the pool! Hopefully I'll get those from her and can post those soon.

After bath and hair time we headed to Honey Haven Farms to meet up with the family for some outdoor fun! It was cold, but not raining this year! Aliya was on the verge of a nap, so our fun was cut short by her needing to sleep BADLY! While there she had a pumpkin ice cream cone (she did not want to share, can't say that I blame her though, it was really good!) She was fascinated with the face painter, so we stood in line, but when it was her turn, mommy got the pumpkin on her cheek instead. (imagine that) Next we went on a horse drawn wagon ride to the middle of a HUGE pumpkin patch and the kids got to select their own pumpkins.



Aveline was trying to show her how to hold her pumpkin up for a picture, but I think Aliya thought we were going to take it away from her, as she kept putting it behind her back. It was really cute!


Aliya was not happy there was mud on the pumpkins..."eeewwww"


After riding back to the main part of the farm, Aliya got her second wind and began running around (not with her cousins, just running! She was so funny, doing this new squat walk thing that she does.


As the adults were trying to round the kids up for a picture with their pumpkins Aliya decided it was time to pose in the pumpkin cut outs...



Sweet Aveline



Aveline and Isaac



Our ladybug!

3 comments:

Laura said...

We were so happy to see you guys on Sunday. I have some cute pics to share with you- some on the blog soon and then some via email.

I LOVE that last pic of Aliya... she's such a cutie!

Jamie said...

I love that last pic too....Adorable!!!

Deb said...

What great pictures. I really like the one you have in your header now. Sounds like a very busy but great weekend.
My husband is not used to leaving Isabel at the church nursery, his heart breaks every Sunday.