My grandma went to be with Jesus tonight. We got the call last night that she had a stroke around 6:50p. I got to the hospital last night around 10pm...all the Hilgeman's were there. We left around 1:40am. I said, "good night" NOT "good bye", she was very sedated and on a ventilator. The first song at church this morning was "Strength Will Rise as We Wait Upon the Lord" (a fitting song, don't you think?) We got the call around 10:30a that she was now brain dead and they were calling everyone in...I have never felt so much pain and grief all at once in my life...then not 10 minutes later the next call came, they were waiting until dad got there to turn off the machine. Darkness. I lost it. Jon took me to the hospital and I sat and cried and cried and cried. Never asking God why, just crying and praying she wasn't in any pain. I was able to see her one last time and kiss her good-bye. she looked so peaceful laying there, her chest rising up and down with ease. I kissed grandpa and told him I love him. More tears. The rest of the family came and they took their turn saying good bye. We wait, we cry, we laugh, we eat, we wait... it was nearly 3:15p we decide to leave just to get away. She held on for almost 4 more hours before she met our Lord. I cry for our loss, but I rejoice for her... God is holding her now. I miss her so much already! But I know we will see each other again, God knows when. I love you grandma!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Heaven Has One More
My grandma went to be with Jesus tonight. We got the call last night that she had a stroke around 6:50p. I got to the hospital last night around 10pm...all the Hilgeman's were there. We left around 1:40am. I said, "good night" NOT "good bye", she was very sedated and on a ventilator. The first song at church this morning was "Strength Will Rise as We Wait Upon the Lord" (a fitting song, don't you think?) We got the call around 10:30a that she was now brain dead and they were calling everyone in...I have never felt so much pain and grief all at once in my life...then not 10 minutes later the next call came, they were waiting until dad got there to turn off the machine. Darkness. I lost it. Jon took me to the hospital and I sat and cried and cried and cried. Never asking God why, just crying and praying she wasn't in any pain. I was able to see her one last time and kiss her good-bye. she looked so peaceful laying there, her chest rising up and down with ease. I kissed grandpa and told him I love him. More tears. The rest of the family came and they took their turn saying good bye. We wait, we cry, we laugh, we eat, we wait... it was nearly 3:15p we decide to leave just to get away. She held on for almost 4 more hours before she met our Lord. I cry for our loss, but I rejoice for her... God is holding her now. I miss her so much already! But I know we will see each other again, God knows when. I love you grandma!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kelly, my prayers are with you and your family as you grieve the loss of your grandma. We can grieve with hope because she is with her Maker~grace and peace dear sister
TEARS... I know just how you feel. But we rejoice because we know who holds the future. You will see her again :) God bless you Kelly. I pray that PEACE would consume you.
So sorry for your loss - you and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers!
Melba
Post a Comment