Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Asking for Prayer...

Okay, so about a year ago a tiny seed was planted in my heart for adoption awareness... then about 6 months ago that seed started growing into a desire to reach out to waiting adoptive parents...then a week ago that small flower started to open and today it bloomed!

Jon and I are starting a waiting adoptive parents support group!

We have no idea where to start or what to do, but I am speaking it out loud and asking for prayer for direction, guidance and discernment. I am SUPER excited and can't wait to get started!!

More details to come as we come up with them!

5 comments:

We Are Family said...

God inspired.....He will lead, it will be wonderful!

Laura said...

Congrats on the great idea... and we'll be praying!

Deb said...

That is awesome. I have a good site for you to get resources from. http://www.irvingbible.org/index.php?id=1448
That's the ministry I am a part of. If you search around you'll see some things to help start one at your church which might give you some ideas. That's the one thing I look forward to about moving. Knowing that I might just be able to do the same thing. Will be praying!

Jamie said...

"We are family"Said it perfectly...God inspired, he will lead! Congrats, and good luck, we'll be praying for you.

Melba said...

GOOD LUCK! I think it's so great and something every agency needs to do. I MAY have a book that would interest you, I'll have to check and see how relevant it actually is, stay tuned!

Melba