Just a quick update on the waiting parents support group I posted about earlier...
* We have coupled with another couple who grew their family through adoption to co-facilitate the group. (Diana and Mike)
* We've decided on a name for our group ("While We Wait")
* We've decided on a location (Oakwood Starbucks conference room)
* We've decided on how often to meet (once a month)
* We've agreed on the direction we want the group to go (group support for those in the waiting process. Our hope is that connections will be made within the group and couples will find friendship and support with others to connect with outside of our meetings)
* We have confirmed the space is available (for FREE)
* The flyers are made (can't print until we pick a date)
Now we just have to pick a day of the week to meet...
Once we pick a day, the networking will begin with local adoption agencies.
Please continue to pray for us as we continue to put all the pieces together with this!!
3 comments:
Kelly,
I came to your site through another and wanted to stop in and say "Hey!"
My husband and I are in the adoption prayer/fundraising process.
I look forward to looking back at your journey and getting to know your family better!
In Christ,
Christie
http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com
Sounds like things are really taking shape. That is wonderful!!!
This is great! It sounds like things are going very well for you in getting this all set up. If you think you might use it, I have a book called, "The Adoption Network: Your Guide to Starting a Support System" that I'd be happy to send you. Feel free to email me (there's a link on my blog) if you're interested. :)
Melba
Post a Comment