Thursday, April 22, 2010

Update

There are a lot of things going on in this house right now.

Baseball season for Joel is underway. Meaning: We spend A LOT of time at the fields these days between practices and games 2-3 nights/days a week. Aliya loves to watch her brother play, she claps and cheers for him! It's super cute. I'm sure it bugs him while trying to concentrate, but he hasn't said anything about it yet, so we'll see. He is counting down the days until school is over, just over 5 weeks now!?!?! Can you believe it? He'll be in 6th grade! It doesn't seem possible.

Miss Aliya is two and all that comes with it. She is strong willed and independent. She is sweet one minute and screaming the next. There are nights when I can't wait for bedtime, she wears me out. She loves to "pay outside" as she calls it, and would spend every waking moment in the backyard if she could. Thankfully we have a fenced in yard, so she can come and go as she wants while I'm cooking dinner. She is getting so big and is in all 3T clothes now. Some pants are still a bit big in the waist and long in the length, but 2T's are too small. She FINALLY is in a 6 1/2-7 shoe depending on the style.

Jon's work is very busy right now! We were worried for a bit that business was dwindling, but they are making up for lost time now! He is super busy and loves it that way! Makes the day go faster!! Jon is also enjoying Joel's baseball schedule. He is not doing any coaching this year, so he can enjoy the game from the bleachers. :)

As for me, I went back to work Monday. I was glad to get back to my routine, but I could sure have taken another week off with no complaints! I go for my follow up appointment this morning, I am hopping for a good report. Work is good, not much to write about for that. Adoption is still REALLY on my heart right now. (No, I don't want another baby, if that's what you're thinking) There is just a very special place in my heart right now for waiting parents. I am getting more involved with a local hospital's Pre-Adoptive Parenting class! And we have our group that is meeting once a month. I don't know, I'm just really praying that God reveals His plan for me in this area.

Well, that's about it in this house. Oh yeah, Gracie. She RUNS and RUNS and RUNS the fence line all day long and then comes inside and sleeps! She is too funny to watch.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hmm, I think I have a 2 year old who could rival your's... whew! Ally sure wears us out, too. She's a diva.

Thanks for the updates on everyone. :)

Jamie said...

Sounds like a busy household!