"I potty training" is Aliya's new phrase! She uses it at least 5 times a day while we are going potty. It really is cute! She woke up dry from her nap yesterday and dry this morning!!! WOOHOO!!
Now, since this is my first time doing this, I'm asking experienced moms out there if this is normal: Yesterday and this morning Aliya has asked for a diaper, I guess I shouldn't say asked, more like pouted and cried about it. I kindly remind her she's a big girl and offered her "new" panties. This seems to do the trick, but is this normal? To go from one day adamant that she is not wearing a diaper, to crying for one the next?
3 comments:
While I'm not experienced in terms of motherhood yet, I do have lots of experience w/ potty training from the nanny perspective, and from the child dev. classes I've taken.
I think it is normal. She's experimenting with her new status as a big girl and she's more than likely testing to see what works and what doesn't. She may feel mixed between wanting to be a baby again and feeling proud that she's a big girl. I think what you're doing is right on. If she keeps asking for a diaper, you could try giving her a baby doll and letting her put the diaper on it so she can be the big girl taking care of a baby.
Good luck...I think potty training is one of the hardest jobs for parents of toddlers but it sounds like your endeavors are going well so far!
Melba
Melba,
Thanks! We've actually been putting diapers on baby dolls for months, we even bought newborn diapers so they fit her dolls better!!!
I'm sorry i don't have a experience of motherhood yet
but, i think "like father like son and like mother like daughter" maybe is true at my family
Post a Comment