Now keep in mind, this is her first face painting experience. We tried last October and I ended up with the pumpkin...she FREAKED OUT! But not today, she did ask to sit on my lap, thankfully the artist said that it was okay. She sat perfectly still, I wish I could have seen her face during it. The kids in line after Aliya were two girls I'd say 11 or 12 and they kept commenting on how cute Aliya was. She did so well that the artist threw in pink sparkles for free!! After she was done and had seen herself in the mirror for the first time she turned around and looked at me. With a HUGE grin on her face she said, "Look at me mommy, I a kitty".
The rest of the afternoon people commented on how cute she was. A woman even stopped me and asked if she could take Aliya's picture. We stopped at The Flower Factory after and as we passed people in the store she would look at them and point to her face and say, "look".
Unfortunately she missed her nap today, but did surprisingly well (or I should say Thankfully). We came home and ate dinner then Aliya, Kris and I visited in Aliya's room and she did our hair. She didn't fuss at bedtime (again, thankfully) and was sleep by 8pm! She didn't want to wash her face tonight, so we have a princess kitty sleeping in her big big bed tonight.
2 comments:
Our little girls are growing up! Aliya looks so cute with her face painted. :)
And you'll be washing a pillowcase today! Isabel did great at her last face painting experience too. Sat better then she does when I do her hair. :-)
She looks adorable. Glad you had a nice day.
Post a Comment