Saturday, November 13, 2010

Locks Of Love cut 2010

Every 2-3 years I get my hair cut for Locks Of Love. (depending on how well I like the cut determines how long I keep it at that length, thus depending on how long it takes me to grow it out for the next cut). The last time I cut my hair for Locks of Love was a few months before Aliya came home. It didn't go well. I went on a whim to a lady I didn't know and she ruined my hair. It took two more "fix it" cuts to finally get it looking presentable. I don't have many pictures of myself during that grow out stage!!

For my 30th birthday my wonderful husband gave me a gift card to the Day Spa I used to get my hair cut at! The plan was to use the gift card for a pedi and a massage, but as the weeks passed and life got busy I decided that it was too late in the season to get my toes done. And as my hair continued to grow and grow (and grow) I decided to use my pedi money for a haircut. I still hope to get a massage soon, but for now, the haircut will have to do!


BEFORE









AFTER (11" later)



6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ooo! Love the new hair! Beautiful.

Deb said...

Love the new cute. Do you like it?

Laura said...

It looks GREAT!

Stephanie said...

Wow, your hair was so long! I love the new cut...mine is similar. I only wish I would have thought about donating mine, I probably would have had to grow a little more because I think I probably only got about 8 inches cut off, but it would have been worth it to donate. I should keep that in mind for the next time I grow it out and then decide to cut it off. Where did you go for the cut? Too funny...my verification word is :litiespa I think it is a sign that you need to go back to the spa for your massage!

Unknown said...

Wow, love the new cut!!! Beautiful!

Sweet Patience said...

That is so awesome Kelly! I did not realize you let your hair grow out that long. I love the new cut also!