I can't believe in exactly one minute it will be Christmas morning. We don't have Joel this year, this is the first time since Jon and I have been together that our bug has not gone to church with us or greeted us early on Christmas morning ready to open gifts. His mom wanted the time with him, and we disappointingly agreed. No worries, we spent all day with him Thursday and today, so it's all good!
Aliya is still convinced that Santa is bringing her a baby brother in the morning. I pray she isn't overly disappointed when she doesn't find one under the tree. Instead she will find a pink Radio Flyer Scooter. Just like the one she asked us for. Hopefully that will do!
I was reflecting earlier today on the long van ride home from up North what our past few Christmas eves have been like. It was right around this time three years ago we got our first call about Aliya. I remember wanting to be a mommy so badly and for so many years longing for Joel to have a baby brother or sister. Jon and I recalled our phone interview with Aliya's birthmom and the inner struggle she must have been dealing with on this day three years ago.
We chuckled as we remembered our first Christmas as a family of four. Our first family Christmas ornament. And last year, Aliya just wanted to open everything, she didn't care what was inside the boxes, she just wanted the paper.
And now this year, she's actually asking for things and pointing out TV commercials advertising toys she wants. Sitting on Santa's lap for the first time. Wow, where did my baby girl go? Today she helped pass out the gifts at our NW OH family Christmas party. As she handed each person their gift she had the biggest grin on her face and she would say, "Grandma I made it especially for you". It was the cutest.
As we dropped Joel off at his mom's this evening she greeted us at the door with a gift for Aliya. How thoughtful. My step-son's mother, my husband's ex-wife, bought a gift for my daughter.
How truly blessed is this little girl? Surrounded by family and friends who love her. A birthmom who loved her so much that she gave her the most amazing gift of all, life. And a decision to love her enough to know what was best for her daughter.
God has had His hand in our Ladybug's life since before she was born and as I sit here at 12:11am on Christmas morning 2010 I am witnessing first hand the amazing blessings I have in my life. A husband who I adore and loves me to death. An amazing step-son who I am proud to call son. And a beautiful daughter who calls me mommy.
What more could I ask for?
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
You have been blessed and prayers have been answered! God has been faithful--what a testimony!!!
Post a Comment