Saturday, April 23, 2011

Joel got "Bat-a-tized"

(as said by Aliya)
Joel got baptized last night!! What a great way to spend Good Friday! I took the day off of work yesterday to clean the house and prepare for our company. My folks came into town and took Joel to the Creation Museum. . They had a wonderful time!!

We grilled out (well, Jon grilled...in the pouring rain...) and had the family over before we headed over to the church. Joel didn't want a cake, he asked for a cookie cake, so I tried my best!!!

There were 30 people signed up to be baptized last night and over 120 ended up taking the plunge! IT WAS AWESOME! Our small group came and gathered around the hot tub to celebrate with Joel. I honestly think he was more excited that his church family was there than he was with is family family. His mom and step-dad (grandma, grandpa and Aunt) came too. It was nice. We didn't sit with them, but I did go up and sit next to Tracy during the baptism part of the service. It was such a blessing to have them with us (Joel) for this HUGE step in his faith.

After service we spent time with our small group, our extended family. The kids ran around and the adults sat and talked. Everyone went around the room and said what their favorite part of the service was and almost all of them said Joel's baptism. They truly love him and that makes my heart smile.

My mom took a million pictures and I have a video of Joel's baptism (I just have to figure out how to get it off my blackberry). So, as soon as mom sends me the pictures I will post them!!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Congratulations to our young man. The Body of Christ has received another loving member.