Thursday, September 25, 2008

9 days without power makes you think...

Here are 9 things I learned over our 9 days without power and hot water:
1. We are so blessed as a family to have a roof over our heads and a warm safe place to sleep
2. We have the greatest friends and family in the world!
3. AM talk radio really isn't that bad to listen to
4. Showering at home was like showering at summer camp, dark and cold...didn't like it then, still don't!
5. PB&J can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner
6. Coffee made on the grill is gross!
7. Coffee made in the fire place is even grosser!
8. My house looks much cleaner in the dark!
9. I can live without my favorite shows on TV and without the Internet
10. God is faithful and good! (this I already knew, but I was reminded of this again!)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I had a chuckle at a few of those... The grilled coffee and our house looks much cleaner in the dark too (:

Pirate Lady said...

This sounds like a David Letterman Top 10......so funny, but so sad, but so insightful and touching and funny.....my funny KJ.....I just love you so much! Mom