Sunday, December 21, 2008
Aliya's Steppin' Out
When I picked Aliya up from Ms. Jenn's on Friday I was told some exciting news...Aliya took 5 steps! I burst into tears instantly. Tears of joy and tears of disappointment that I missed it. I know, I know, she'll be walking the rest of her life, but it's the fact that I missed those first steps. So all Friday night and yesterday I tried to get her to walk to me. NOTHING! Flashbacks of when she started rolling over flooded my head, she rolled over for over a month before she'd do it in front of me, was she going to do the same with walking? Today was my Sunday to work in the infant room at church so I was in there with Aliya. (Once she starts walking well she will advance to the walkers room) So I'm telling everyone about her birthday party and how she walked on Friday and how I missed it when I look over at her and she takes 3 steps towards me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She probably would have taken more, but I was sitting pretty close to her on the floor! Everyone in the room cheered for her and of course she clapped for herself! Of course, I cried, again. Something is seriously wrong with me! Hopefully after she gets up from her nap she'll feel like doing some stepping for daddy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay, Aliya! Keep on walkin'! Before long, she'll be running!
Way to go Aliya!!
Post a Comment