I only have a minute, Aliya is in bed, but I don't think for long. She is not a happy camper this evening. Today she had her 15 month well baby appointment. She did pretty well considering she got 3 shots and her gums are the size of hotdogs they're so swollen. She announced our arrival in her normal way of running around and saying "hi" to everyone. She even walked back to the scale on her own. She was measured and weighed on the adult scale this time. 22 lbs (33rd percentile) and 31" (62nd percentile). She wasn't standing up straight or still for it, so it could be a bit off. Just like at all appointments, she threw a fit while being examed. Both the nurse and the doctor commented on how strong (strenth and spirited) she is. She has surpassed all the 15 month milestones, except for stacking blocks. We haven't worked on that one yet, but will get on that right away! Once her exam was over we were told the nurse would be in in a few minutes to give her her three shots. We played in the little sink there in the room while we waited. She made a HUGE mess, but on a positive note, they won't have to mop their floors for awhile. Next came the shots then came the screams and tears and last the bottle. Aliya kept screaming, "done, done, done" over and over. She was making it quite clear she was ready to leave. It only took her about five minutes to recover, I guess giving her the Tylenol a bit earlier this time paid off. I got her dressed and shoes on and she walked around and explored all the rooms while I checked out.
Here are a few updates on our ladybug.
*wearing all 18 month clothes
*still in size 3 diapers during the day and size 4 overnights (we will be moving up to size 4 daytime diapers as soon as this case is empty)
*still have not found a food she won't eat and wants to use mommy's fork to eat it! She will hand the fork to me and say "do it" (I stab the food) and her the fork and she puts it in her mouth
*"Do it" is her favorite phrase right now. Everything is "do it". Closing doors, throwing things away "do it" all the time
*uses a napkin to wipe her hands, mouth and table at the end of the meal then "do it" gets down and throws her napkin away
*still will not stay in the walker's room at church. I stay in with her, it's fun to watch her interact with the other kids
*is obsesed with her "night night" blanket. We took it on vacation with us and it has not left her side since. She recieved a second "night night" for the sitter's. It was a rough day when mommy forgot it one day. Thanks Grandma Kris!!!
*loves to give hugs and kisses to mommy, daddy and Joel
*"helps" brush her teeth in the morning and before bed
*loves to go bye bye. Screams at the top of her lungs when we ask her if she wants to go. She then proceeds to gather her night night and stands at her coat and says "co on" (coat on)
*has about a 20 word vocabulary and is repeating everything we say. Just yesterday she asked for her "baba" and I told her wait a minute. She repeated minute pretty clear then proceeded to say it all morning.
*will repeat "one, two, three" to daddy
*when in the van on the way to the sitter's in the morning she will list everyone she is going to say "Mamin (Madeline), "Jua (Julia), Jen, dudin (Dustin), Emmeeee (Emerson)" it really is cute
*has 8 teeth and more on the way. Here poor mouth is so swollen
*her feet are finally growing! She's in a size 4 shoe.
*loves to pull her shoes and socks off then try to put them back on
*has a sudden interest in bows and barrettes
*still loves her friend in the mirror. She flirts with herself every chance she gets!
I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of things, but she's needing snuggled! (I can't find my camera cord...once I find it, I'll try to get some pictures up!)
2 comments:
Thanks for the update on Aliya! Your recap on the doctor's visit was great. I'm truly impressed with how well she's talking! Ally's such a quiet girl and I'm anxious for her to start using more words/phrases.
I look forward to new pics and hope she gets some of those new teeth to cut soon.
I got a chuckle out of you saying the Dr's office floor wouldn't need mopped,due to playing in the sink,lol.
Loved reading the update, she sure is getting to be a big girl.
Post a Comment