Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Content

Okay, this blog has nothing to do with the kids, it's about me this morning. I had an "aah ha" moment last night and I wanted to share my heart with you. I haven't been feeling "right" for about a week and a half now. Not sick, just not 100%. I've been nauseous, stomach ache, funky RR experiences (I won't go into detail), tired all the time. I chucked it up to being a woman, the weather and the time change. I was talking to a few co workers yesterday and the question of pregnancy was brought up. "Are you pregnant?" one asked. My first gut reaction was to laugh, how could I be? But the more I thought about it, the more it started to make sense. I made a doctor's appointment for this Friday, just to get checked out. After work Jon and I were talking about it and it was a weird conversation...we hadn't talked about being pregnant in almost two years now. Wow... Then around 9pm I got a call on my work phone from one of my co workers asking if I was at home, "Yes" she said to go check my mailbox and call her later. I went out and found a birthday card and a pregnancy test shoved way in the back of the box. I had to laugh. I decided to take the test right away. I really didn't think I was pregnant, but hey, a free test, so why not?! Jon asked if I was nervous and for the first time in four years, I was not. Obviously I would be over the moon if it was positive, but if not, for the first time I would be completely 100% okay with that. Of course it was negative, just like I thought...nothing...no disappointment, no tears, nothing. I shared with Jon that I am content just the way things are and I am not at all upset that it was negative. I truly feel that God's hand is over my heart, protecting it. Do I still grieve a little on the thought that I will probably never carry a baby? Of course, I believe it's only natural. But then I look at Aliya (and Joel) and know that my children didn't have to grow in my belly to be mine, they grew in my heart and God's hands and what more can a mother ask for?

6 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Typo's in my last comment, sorry!


I'm so sorry you didn't get that miracle you had hoped for. But, you're right... you are truly blessed two amazing kids!! Hugs!

kris said...

Well said! It is amazing when as an adoptive parent, your miracle happens on the day you were chosen, handed a child that is YOURS...no questions, YOUR CHILD! Miracles happen in many ways! Adoption is a miracle! How blessed we are!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the sweetest testimonies I have ever read or ever heard. I love you, and I continue to be amazed at your capacity for love within God's kingdom.

bwilhelm said...

Beautifully said my dear daughter! I am so proud of you, your wisdom, your testimony and your daily walk in the grace and love of the Lord. Who would have ever known that Aliya and Joel could be such "gifts" to this family?!!! How beyond precious they are!!!! They have brought such joy to us and we delight in the gifts that God gave to you to mother. Keep walking with the Lord and see what He has in store. Contentment is great gain--God is most satisfied with us when we are most satisfied in Him. Your peace with what He has for you is a message for all to hear and to learn from. It is soooo good to be where you are in your faith journey. You speak the truth in love. You acknowledge the desires of your heart and the condition of your heart--you walk in total faith. You are beautiful inside out. Thank you for sharing your heart and your experience. I know many will be encouraged by it. Love you so much!!! Mom

Unknown said...

I just read your post and just had to affirm you - I'm so proud of you - you are a great mom.

You are blessed and so are we to be family with you.