Sunday night we had some friends over for dinner. Their son, Gage, is six days younger than Aliya and they love to play together! Gage was being weaned off his bottle and passy that week (he's going to be a big brother in June and they wanted to have him completely off both before his little brother comes!)anyway... We introduced the sippy to Aliya months ago, but she has struggled drinking her milk from one. She will drink water with no problem, but was attached to the bottle with her milk. Anyway, Gage was getting his PJ's on and his dad offered him his bedtime milk in a sippy. Aliya paid close attention to him and asked for her "baba". I didn't want to give her a bottle with Gage just learning to drink from his sippy so I gave Aliya her milk in a sippy. She looked at me like "you have got to be kidding me", but finally drank it after watching Gage do it. That was the start of her "big girl baba" days!!! She has not used a bottle since Sunday afternoon! I went to Wal-Mart today to invest in a few more, two new ones for the sitter's and three new ones for home! She was so excited to watch me take them out of the bag and wash each one! Our little girl is growing up (sniff)!!!!
The passy was gone back in September, now the bottle. We just have her "night night" to go now. I don't want to take everything away all at once.
Oh, one more tooth started to break through this afternoon! I think it will be all the way through by morning! It's on the bottom left, but she has a matching bump on the other side of her gums too!!!! She was asking for Tylenol this evening. She points to it and says "memin peeee". I didn't give it to her, as she doesn't seem to be in any pain.
Our little girls is getting so big!
2 comments:
Good job, Aliya!
Isaac was a stinker about sippies, but Ally's took to them at six months old. So glad Gage could help Aliya out.
Such a big girl Aliya, great job!!
I got a chuckle at the wanting Tylenol. Our girls were/are the same way with that or the teething pills. They know it makes them feel better (:
Post a Comment