Self photo of me and my girl on the way to the county club
If Aliya licked one rock, she licked them all...
The reception didn't start until 5:30p and after being in the van all day, Aliya was ready for some snuggles with daddy!
On the dance floor
Cousin Randi and her parents (Aunt Karen and Uncle Wally) and new hubby Robb!
Posing at the wall, but no smiles. She was hungry and ready to eat!
Randi and Robb, beautiful couple (Jon took the pictures!)
We left long before the reception was over (grandma outlasted us on the dance floor!) and heading back to the hotel. I was sure Aliya would sleep on the way back, but sure enough, she didn't. As we entered the hotel and passed the pool she got so excited and started yelling, "pool, wawa" It was late, but I couldn't disappoint her, so we got our suits on and swam for about 20 minutes (please don't mind the mascara running down my face and snot coming out of her nose!)
After breakfast at the hotel we packed up and headed over to Aunt Jennie's for lunch. It was nice to just relax and visit without all the people around! Aliya fell asleep in daddy's arms (didn't get a picture of it, darn it!) We stayed about 2 hours before heading out again.I asked Jon to take my camera around and get pictures of everyone, here's a few!
Aunt Karen
Kris trying to keep her new tan going (she and dad just got back from a cruse celebrating their 25th anniversary!)
Greg and Megan
Grandma
Aunt Kim
On the way home we stopped at Wendy's for our "father's day" treats then everyone crashed (except for Jon, he was driving)
Me...
What I saw looking to the back of the van
And my hubby (notice the drink and the phone???)
This was a great trip! And surprisingly enough, I was only half blood related to one person there, Greg. I am so blessed that my "step family" is my family. Aunt Kim is Aunt Kim and Grandma is Grandma. For those of you in a step family situation you can relate I'm sure. But I am so beyond loved by them (and the love is mutual) that there is no step about it.
2 comments:
What a great trip! Wonderful pictures, too. Aliya looked so pretty in her dress!
Great pictures!! Looks like a lot of fun was had.
Aliya looked super adorable in her dress!!
Post a Comment