Jon cleaned out my van for me today (yeah husband!) and in the bag full of stuff he brought in for me to sort through, I found the following...I remember writing this, but never finished it. I thought I'd share it.
5/21/08
My Dearest Aliya,
Where do I start? First and foremost I want you do know how much I love you and how much you are wanted and prayed for. From the minute I saw your picture on the St. Rita's website, I knew you were mine. Even after J changed her mind and decided to parent you, I knew God's will would prevail and three weeks later you came home to us.
I still remember the exact time, date, moment and location we were at when we got the call. It was 7:47pm on Sunday January 20th 2008-Target parking lot...I screamed and cried as Jon told me who wa on the phone with. Thankfully I had the day off on Monday and I stared at the phone all day waiting for the call that you were on your way. 6:10pm January 21st 2008 you were carried through our front door bundled in a pink sleeper and purple snow suit. I cried again-tears of joy that you were finally home.
Martha was at the house with us and got your arrival on video. In all honesty, you looked terrifeid-wide eyed and unsure about your surroundings. A few hours later (and after a million calls to family) Grandma and Grandpa W came to meet you. They too fell in love with you right away. After everyone left we were alone with you for the first time. We counted your fingers and toes and thanked God for you. You were home. We called Joel and emailed him a photo of you. He couldn't wait to meet you! And on that Wednesday he finally did! You weren't too sure of everyone yet, but quickly you became fascinated with Joel.
You've been with us almost five months now and I still smile every time I think about you. You do new things everyday and are one of the happiest babies we've ever seen. My heart melts every time you put your hands on my face and look into my eyes. You "talk" none stop and can't wait until you say mommy for the first time.
Everyone has prayed for you from the moment we found out about you. Got is so faithful and has truly blessed us with you.
We met with our attorney today to sign our petition to adopt you. 60 days until we can finalize...my countdown has started!
I should finish this letter...maybe by her 2nd birthday!
5 comments:
What a beautiful letter!
I remember the JOY in your voice when you called to tell us about Aliya. :)
Chills and tears......I understand COMPLETELY! God is so faithful!
Beautiful letter!
What a sweet letter. I hope you do finish it for her one day. You never get tired of reading those first joyful moments and memories.
Yes I'm on facebook, but I don't know how to find you. You can find me via my email (which should be attached to this comment). I'd love to see your pictures of Aliya's hair.
That's a beautiful letter, one that she will cherish when she gets older! :)
Post a Comment