I feel like it's been forever since I've posted, but honestly, my heart just hasn't been in it these past few weeks. I'll be driving down the road for work and something triggers a thought and I think, "Okay, tonight I'm going to blog about this"...then I never do. Work has been crazy and home is just as busy!
Over past three weeks a lot has happened. Here are just a few highlights!
* Jon's mom came to Ohio for a week and a half to visit! The kids really enjoyed having her here and she was a HUGE help with cleaning (she always does it...I wonder if that's a sign my house is always messy?)
* Joel started 5th grade!!!! HOLY CRAP! I can't believe it! He is excited about going to camp Kern this year for the 5th grade field trip! Joel's school levy didn't pass so they have eliminated busing w/in a 2 mile radius of the school. This would of course not effect us, except that to accommodate all the traffic, they bumped the day up an hour, so instead of starting at 9:10a, they start at 8:25a. It's been a big adjustment this past week getting up and out the door early enough!! I have to admit, having a kid that makes his own breakfasts and packs his own lunches is G-R-E-A-T!!!
* Aliya is getting so big and talking up a storm! She talks constantly...and sings, and dances, and runs, and eats, and talks and talks and talks! She is following directions very well and listening a little better. Every day is something new with her!!!
* We are speaking again at the local Adoptive Parenting Class in mid October. I need to start organizing Aliya's pictures for printing!!
* We booked our flights for my sister's wedding for next month!!!
* Jon and my dad went to a Bangle's Game Thursday night! They had a great evening of "guy time".
* Work for me this past month has been crazy. A lot going on... That's all I can say, a lot going on!
I hope to take some pictures of the kids and get them posted soon, but these days that's easier said than done!
5 comments:
Thanks for the update... we'd love to see pics when you get some time. :)
Sometimes it is like that Kelly! We dont have anything to post and it is ok. Thanks for the update on your kids. It is always great to hear their milestones.
You are blessed to have a MIL that will come in and clean and not feel like she's at the Hilton when she visits you! Otherwise you would be cooking and cleaning for her.
I cant wait to see updated pictures of your baby girl to see her growth.
I know exactly how you feel about having thoughts to blog about and then not doing them...that's me ALL the time. Sounds like you have had a fun and exciting few weeks.
What an awesome kid to help out with his own stuff like that.
Isn't it so much fun going back and talking to people about your own adoption journey. I love every time we get to do it.
I can't wait to hear you speak at the adoption classes!
Post a Comment