Today Aliya and I went to see Dr. Nina (who told us today she is leaving the practice at the end of the month...sad face) for Aliya's 2 year old well check. Aliya was BEYOND excited to see Nina this morning, as we have been talking about it all last week and even reading a social story book on going to the doctor at night (her "Nina book" as she calls it). We arrived about 10 minutes last, as I couldn't remember what time her appointment was exactly. Aliya marched right in and made herself at home, announcing her presence to the entire nursing staff. After about 8 minutes of waiting it was our turn. She proudly marched back to room 5 where we were greeted by the digital scale (first time for this one). It was much easier and faster to get her weight: 26 lbs. 26 pounds is actually a few pounds less than I was guessing. Anyway, then it was on to the next room to strip down to her diaper and socks. Normally Aliya would be thrilled to take her clothes off, but not this morning. She clung to me for dear life. We had to tag team her down to get her measured, 35". Just as I thought things couldn't get any worse out came the stethoscope, heaven help us! She was squeezing my neck at this point while standing on my lap (I was sitting on the exam table with her) screaming, "ouuuuch mama ouuuuch" that ended quickly and the nurse was done. Before excusing herself from the room she said that Nina would be in shortly. Aliya grabbed her shirt and with a huge smile exclaimed, "DONE". Within a few minutes Nina entered and Aliya screamed again, only this time is was a happy scream, "NINA"!!!! It was like Santa had entered the room, Aliya immediately calmed down and helped Nina hold the light to check her ears, nose and mouth. Aliya has met her 2 year milestones and passed her exam with flying colors! We chit chatted a few minutes while I got Aliya dressed and headed down the hall to check out. Aliya waved and said bye to everyone she passed. Then just as we were almost out the door she stopped dead in her tracks and said, "mama sticker". I had completely forgotten I had promised her a sticker for being good, thankfully our little ladybug has a memory like an elephant! So a few more good byes and one doggy sticker later we were out the door!
We will be sad to see Nina leave, as Aliya obviously loves her!
2 comments:
What an adventure! :)
Sorry to see Aliya's doc leaving the practice. We've decided to switch back to our kids' original doctor since our insurance changed. No openings until Jan.! So, Ally's 2 year well-check will obviously be late.
Sounds like a lot of fun at the Dr's (:
Post a Comment