Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Big Day

As promised, here are pictures of our big day yesterday! We met in Lima at the Golden Corral (yummy)!!

Jon and Aliya waiting in the car for everyone to arrive!


Opening her gift from Jocelyn and Gladys


D got her the most adorable doll, first things first, it needed it's diaper changed!


Showing Gladys her new baby


Aliya and her half brother, can't tell they're related can you!!!


D was smiling while Aliya kept tapping him saying, "boy" it was really funny


Aliya and her tummy mommy, Miss Jocelyn


Saying our good byes


Once last group shot (I should have asked someone to take it so Jon could have jumped in, oh well, there's always next time!


We had the most amazing time. I was like we've known Jocelyn for years! We didn't talk about meeting up again, but I'm sure we will see them again! I would love to take Jocelyn out for a soda/coffee some time, just the two of us to talk and really get to know each other. We are only 2 years apart in age...and I think we could be good friends.

We had so many people praying for us yesterday and we could feel God's presents at our table. It was the most relaxed dinner (until Aliya decided it was time to go) and I didn't want the night to end. We owe this woman so much for giving her daughter life and giving us her... What courage and strength...what love.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing pics... they're great!

Jamie said...

How sweet!! Love all the pictures!!

Love Aliya's coat so cute!!

Jill said...

Oh happy day!!!!!!
Love the pics! Thanks for sharing them with all of us!

Sweet Patience said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing your visit!

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you stopped by! And I don't mind at all!

Sounds like it was an amazing day! I'm glad you guys got to experience it! Can't wait to read more of your posts!