Lately Aliya has been obsessed with putting diapers on her babies and stuffed animals and putting panties on herself (over her clothes). It really is cute to watch because 9 times out of 10 she has her panties on upsidedown, or sideways, and heaven forbid mommy gets to help her put them on correctly. Now, when I say panties, I mean mine, or her swimmy diaper, or her diaper cover that matches her dresses not "big girl" panties yet...but I have a feeling those aren't too far in our future.
Her new thing is stripping down (no, that's not the new part) to her socks and running to the bathroom to get "toilet" (toilet paper) then coming into her room and sitting on her little potty for about 10 seconds then spending the next minute wiping herself and throwing it in the potty. She then proceeds to clap for herself and ask for a sticker on her hand. The whole process is amusing!
Yesterday, while I was at work, Jon found Aliya downstairs standing next to a diaper on the floor...no big deal right? Well, he also smelled something...you guessed it! She had pooped, taken her diaper off and then pulled her pants back up. Just standing there smiling! He said it was gross, but I just laughed and laughed!! I was glad I didn't have to clean it up, but I wish I could have witnessed it!
She is also really good about telling us when she's peeing and pooping, and wants to be changed right away...
Okay, this post has now taken me 3 days to write...imagine that. Anyway, Aliya and I went to Target this morning and we picked up preemie diapers for her babies and stuffed animals and...drum roll please...PANTIES! She is so excited, we'll see how they go, they are out of package but not washed yet...I'll keep you posted!
3 comments:
For the record, I'm always working on posts days in advance. Sometimes, I'll upload pics and then not even add text/post for a week. ;)
I'm glad Aliya is showing so much interest in potty training. That's great! Good thing Jon got to clean up the mess that one day, though.
Love the new layout!
Hee hee,the whole diaper thing sounds just like Rayna a few months back, we found poop in all sorts of places though, she was obsesed with looking at it and taking it out of the diaper, lol. Thankful she is now using the toilet 95% of the time for that (:
Potty training is so much fun (:
Tell Aliya we said congratulations on the big girl undies!!
The diaper thing is hilarious...the three-year-old I nanny for has diapered ten dolls and stuffed animals at the foor of her bed, and they're constantly falling off everywhere:)
Thanks for your kind and encouraging words to me...you are a blessing! I love reading your story:)
Post a Comment