This Friday starts the first day of my new "post surgery plan". I will be given injections for 3-6 months (depends on how long insurance will cover) of a drug called Lupron. It is a med that will basically put me into menopause for the duration of the shots in order to stop my estrogen production. Endo feeds and grows in the body from the estrogen, SO get rid of the estrogen, get rid of the Endo. The doctor then wants me to go on birth control pills to maintain a low estrogen level in my body. I am choosing not to go on the pills, instead a friend of mine, who happens to also be a dietitian, is going to come up with a low estrogen diet for me. I have gone back and forth with the thought of being on the pill and have shed many tears this past week over all of this. I am done crying (at least for now) and am moving on.
So consider yourself forewarned. If I seem a bit "off" over the next few months, you now know why!
4 comments:
Oh wow, this must be so hard for you. I have different medical problems but also a similar situation/feeling about being on the pill. They want to put me on them indefinitely to regulate my cycles but I just don't want to do that.
I'm thinking of you as you go through all of this crap. Sorry for the slang but that's the only word for it...I feel for you and I'm sorry!
Hugs,
Melba
Praying for you my friend.
wow, I can't imaagine how hard that's going to be for you. Wishing you lots of luck..... and chocolate.
I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. ((hugs))
Post a Comment