Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!! **updated**

It has been a weekend full of Easter fun!


Thursday night we colored eggs, thankfully Aliya wore nothing but her diaper...she was messy!!! But had so much fun!


After finding food coloring in all sorts of places it was bath and hair time...(no pictures of this, sorry)

I had an idea of what I wanted to do for her hair this year for Easter, but it was going to be a few step process. Here is step one. basic parts and twists.


Step two: Aliya telling me she's done with pictures.



Friday night we headed up to Mom's in BG. Aliya LOVES her Dora PJ's and often refuses to take the top off the next day. Here she is Saturday morning taking a bike ride with daddy.


Jon got her going down a slight hill in the driveway. Cute smile, right before she crashed to the side and almost landed on her face. Thankfully daddy was right here to catch her.


We had a great visit with our NW Ohio family (of course, I forgot to get the camera out during our visit)...
So we skip ahead to this morning. Friday we'd been given our next round of hand-me-downs from a church friend, all size 3 (sniff, Aliya's getting so big). And in the tote was a beautiful purple summer dress, perfect for Easter Sunday. Unfortunately I have no idea what I did with the darn thing, I swear it walked off while we were in BG, so in a made dash this morning we found another dress in the tote. (I had a garage sale find dress for her to wear, but she reminded me last week that the dress was itchy...so I was very thankful for the tote!)

We went to 8:30a service this morning, Aliya was back in the walker's room with me while I served and she was doing so well I tip toed out and Jon and I went to service. We stayed for the 10a service as well, Aliya went to her big girl class this time and I stayed in the walkers room! We had a roomful, but thankfully had almost a 1:1 ratio of volunteers to kids! It was great!!!

Here is Aliya with her Easter basket. Of course she wouldn't look at me long enough to smile for a picture. (notice the string cheese, always in hand at our house)


Now checking out her basket. The Dollar Tree had "Princess and The Frog" items this year!! She got a sticker/activity book, bubbles, Princess window decals, sidewalk chalk, play dough, jelly beans and few pieces of chocolate.



One piece of chocolate before lunch can't hurt!!


On the way home from BG last night Aliya managed to pull out almost half of her ponytail holders...leaving me with a challenge very early this morning...

This is what I came up with.



Kind of looks like a crown...she got a lot of cute comments about her hair this morning at church! Which of course made me feel good!! I just hope it stays for a few days!!!


We are heading to Grandpa H's for dinner tonight...I hope I remember to take the camera out of the diaper bag this time!

Joel just called from his mom's, we are missing him today! Easter is not our holiday (we have Thanksgiving).

Happy Easter everyone!!!!


**UPDATE**

We just got home from Grandpa's. Of course, I remembered my camera as we were walking out the door. Most everyone had left already, but I got a quick shot of Aliya with Grandpa Steve and Grandma Kris! (notice she finally smiled)

6 comments:

Laura said...

So glad you've had a good Easter weekend! Aliya's hair looks so good... and she's getting to be such a big girl!

Stephanie said...

Her hair looks beautiful!

We used to live in BG! Then, we lived in a tiny town called Grand Rapids, OH just a little west of BG.

Dad said...

Who is that handsome couple with your daughter?!?

Adrienne said...

wow! You did such a great job with her hair, it was adorable! (both times) That being said, you are my kind of girl! dollar tree and hand me down Easter dresses? rock on sister-saver!

Anne said...

Just surfed over from Debbie's blog (Always and Forever Family)...your daughter is beautiful! Love her hair!! We are a transracial family, as well:
http://thechroniclesofmiles.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Happy Easter!! Looks like you guys had a great one!

I love Aliya's dress and hair she looks so grown up and beautiful!!