Once at the cemetery we walked around trying to find grandma's stone. The last time we were there they hadn't laid the sod yet, so her plot was very easy to find, this time, not so much! We walked right by it three times before I finally had to call Jon AND my Uncle to ask for help locating her spot. Aliya walked around yelling, "Dammaw, are you?" it was super cute! Once we found it we each took a seat on the grass and I lit the candle. Aliya and I sang three rounds of "Happy Birthday" and Aliya blew the candle out all three times. I cried as we sang.
We left the cupcake and candle by her name. I hope to make this an annual trip...I want Aliya to remember her GG so badly it hurts. I miss her so much.
Happy Birthday Grandma! We love you and miss you!!!
2 comments:
What a precious picture. Happy Birthday to your Grandma, I'm sure she is having a wonderful celebration with Jesus!
Sweet picture. I've tried to come up with ideas on how to create a connection with Isabel and my dad (passed 6 years ago). Celebrating his birthday might be a good idea.
Post a Comment