Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cornrows

I am trying my hand cornrowing... It's not going too bad, I just can't part straight!! (I'm not sure I will ever be able to do that) Joel's Aunt Stephanie gave Aliya some really cool beads that snap shut. I was able to switch out the beads without having to take her hair down.

This is what I did first...


This is what it turned into the next morning. The outfit Aliya chose for the day didn't match the bead from the night before! No worries, they were super simple to switch out!








This was Aliya's 4th of July look!!



I bought some new beads today and some snaps arrived in the mail from a dear blog friend (Thanks Debbie)! Aliya was very excited to try them out. Since I did her hair in piggy back braids into pig tails last night, we just braided and beaded the pig tails! Of course, I didn't get a picture yet, but hopefully will soon!!

(Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, they were taken on a disposable camera)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow Kelly!! You do an awesome job! Aliya's hair looks so adorable.

Deb said...

You do an amazing job. I can't part straight either. I must know where those beads came from. To be able to switch them out that easy would be amazing when I do the style similar to this one.

We Are Family said...

I love the last pic...her hair is getting LONG!

Laura said...

I am always impressed my Aliya's hair... it always looks great!

When you figure out how to part straight, let me know. :)

Jill said...

Great job!!