During one of my several trips up North in June we decided to call Aliya's birth-grandma to see if she was able to visit. I called her on Friday afternoon and we made plans to meet the next day and have an early dinner. Gladys brought "D", Aliya's birth-brother. We love D, he is great!!! He was super excited to see us both and gave us both big hugs in the parking lot. We enjoyed a nice dinner and had a great visit. As to not confuse Aliya, we have always said that Jocelyn is D's birthmom too. We've used the term brother, but not a lot. So when the waitress asked Aliya if she and the young man at our table was her brother, she looked at me sort of confused. I politely smiled and said, "yes, Aliya has two brothers" D grinned from ear to ear! He is 8 and I just wanted to take him home with me!! After we were done eating he walked around with Aliya so Gladys and I could visit for a bit. Our 1 1/2 hour visit flew by! Before leaving we went to a private part of the dining area and snapped a few pictures.
Hugs

I still can't get over how much they look alike!

Hugs for Grandma Gladys

And some kisses

I love this one

Jocelyn wasn't able to join us, she had to work. We had a really cool moment about half way through dinner. Aliya had to go potty but she didn't want me to take her, she wanted Gladys. It was a neat feeling to watch the two of them walk hand in hand to the bathroom. It was the first time she's been alone with Gladys. Not that I was worried that she'd try to run with her or anything, but I think deep (deep) down there was the tiny fear...and watching them walk away made that fear vanish and love replaced it. I can't explain it really.
We can't wait until we can all get together again, hopefully next time Jocelyn will be able to come!!
6 comments:
My heart (: How wonderful!
I know that feeling of fear but not really and watching it go away. I remember the moment it happened. Beautiful pictures. Glad you got to visit.
Love the pictures!
Oh that is so sweet!! Our Vivi doesn't look any thing like her two brothers...both are African American! But her birth brother is adorable and loves on her so much. We just saw him this past weekend and got pictures too!
Kelly, I must admit I am a bit jealous! What an incredible feeling for ALL of you!! Beautiful pics! She looks just like her brother "D"....WOW!
Glad you all had fun!
I'm stopping by for the first time. And oh my this brought tears to my eyes! Our S looks alot like her birth siblings as well. We haven't had the opportunity to meet her birth grandparents but we hope to very soon.
Post a Comment