Friday, August 6, 2010

Family Day

The first Saturday of our vacation was family day at the art museum. They had arts and crafts, scavenger hunts (witch our kids did not do), bead making, leaf rubbing, ect. But the BEST thing was the pinewood derby race! Each kid (young and old) got to make and decorate their own wooden car then race them!! At first Joel thought is as stupid, but once he got started he really enjoyed it! Man, he is one competitive kid!


Joel and Aunt Kim posing!


Working on his car


Concentrating


Aliya showing off her car


Jon's car


Drivers take your mark...
Aliya's, Joel's, Kim's Jon's


And the winner is...



Joel won all but 2 of his races, which of course he lost to his little sister!!! Aliya won most of her races against the other kids! She was so cute, she would run beside her car and yell "I won" with her hands in the air!! We must have raced our cars for almost an hour!


Working hard on her art project


She loved using the scissors



I love this one!!!


This was a great family day! After the art museum we headed out for frozen yogurt. YUMMY!!!
(More pictures soon to follow)

5 comments:

We Are Family said...

looks like fun to me :)

Deb said...

We still have some of Dave's old cars he used to race.
Sounds like a great day with the family. That last picture is so sweet.

Jamie said...

What a great day that was!! I love all the cars, I bet that was a tom of fun!.

I just adore that last picture...so sweet!!

Laura said...

How cool are those cars? Great pics!

Stephanie said...

Oh I love all the pics! The car races look like fun..where was your car? Can't wait to see more.