Sunday, October 24, 2010

Total God Moment

So last night I had a God moment. We went to church last night so that Jon and I could attend service together (a rarity these days since we both serve at Sunday service). So while Jon dropped Aliya off to class I went in and found our seats. A few minutes into worship I looked over to the next isle over and there was a familiar looking woman sitting there. I elbowed Jon and asked him if she looked familiar to him too. She did. She looked just like a woman I went to Wright State with and hadn't seen in years. I continued to stare at her through the entire service, sending her vibes to look my way (it didn't work, I must not have the gift). So after service I went over to and asked her if her name was Donna. She looked up at me and said, "OMG, KELLY"!!!! It was her! The last time we saw eachother was just a few months after Aliya came home! She doesn't even attended The Vineyard any more, but she said that last night something told her that she needed to be there. We exchanged phone numbers and are going to get together soon for coffee!! Donna is an amazing woman, she was a single parent raising three kids on her own when she decided to go back to school. Her kids are now 17, 21 and 24. She was at church with her ex-husband. They are dating again. I can't wait to catch up with her!!! God knew exactly where we were supposed to be last night!

1 comment:

Deb said...

That's awesome! So glad you get to reconnect with your friend.
And how wonderful that she and her husband are dating again.