Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Make A Funny Face"

Aliya's new thing these days is to draw funny faces. She will usually draw a circle (the head) than ask us to fill in the eyes, nose mouth, legs and arms. Well, this morning while I was getting dressed she was sitting on the floor of my bedroom drawing. She was talking to herself, as she often dose while drawing, never once asking me to help her. When I finally asked what she was doing she held up her finished product and said, "I make a funny face". She was so proud of herself!!

Of course, I see a funny face...you may only see scribbles and lines.

In this top picture you can see the person with two eyes, hair and two arms there on the right. Above her person is where she took my breakfast order (also her new thing to do. She'll sit down pen in hand and say, "What you want to drink" (scribble scribble) "what you want for lunch" (scribble scribble). It's really too cute! My order this morning was coffee and a mushroom and swiss burger!




Now in this picture I think you can really start to see her funny face people come to life. It's almost as though her people are evolving in this one. Starting out as just circles, then having one eye, then two with just a stick for a body. Then finally two eyes, hair, arms, legs feet and of course boobies. Yes, you read that right, boobies. Her new favorite thing. When she's not calling them "yeahbees" (that's another post about conversations NOT to have in front of your toddler) she's asking me to draw boobies on her funny face people. I can't say that I'm proud of this one, but what can you do?!?!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love her drawings... and your stories! :)

We Are Family said...

Very nice :)

Jamie said...

Cute Drawings!!

Dad Steve-O said...

Picaso had nothing on Aliya Bergstrom!