Friday, January 20, 2012

Four Years Ago...

Four years ago tomorrow our little Aliya joined our family. I cannot believe it's been four years already. She has truely changed my life as a woman and mother. I am eternally greatful to her birthmom who chose life for her and Jon and me to be her parents. Jocelyn, we love you.

1/21/08




11/2011



My little ladybug,
You are an answer to prayers. We prayed for you before we even knew you. I am so blessed to be your mommy! You never stop amazing me. I am 100% positive God planned you and me from the very begining. Everytime I look at you I fall more in love with you. I couldn't love you any more if I tried. You are smart, caring, a good singer and have a memory like I've never seen (I would be hereall day if I listed everything I love about you). You would never know you weren't a Bergstrom by blood, your manorizims are 50/50 of mine and your dad's (and your brother's too), right down to the way you role your eyes at me! (you got that from your brother) I remember the day we recieved your new birth certificate with my name listed as your mommy. I sat in my van and cried. I never thought I would see my name on a baby's birth certificate. And there is was. You were mine and I was yours.

Four years later I still have the mirror in my van turned towards you. I can't take my eyes off of you. You are my dream come true and I don't want to miss a minute of your life. I love watching you sleep...you are so peaceful. I love listening to you pray for people. You have this direct line to God. Please keep that, you have something so special.

I love when I pick you up from school and everyday you run to me. I know that will end soon. Soon you will be too cool to even talk to me in public. But until that day, I will scoop you up and snuggle you in front of your friends as long as you will let me.

Miss Gail bringing you home that cold January night is one I will remember until the day I die. The feeling of relief that you were finally home. The feeling of complete confusion standing at Target that night in the formula isle having ZERO clue what I was shopping for. The first night you cried when we put you down and found comfort on my chest. Tears of joy as I called everyone in the family announcing your arrival. Presenting you for the first time to my coworkers and your new family. You were ours, our answer to prayers.

It is my prayer for you that you grow up strong, confident and loving God. I pray you know where you come from and love where you are. I pray everyday God uses you to change the life of someone else.

Your name means God's Gift and that is truely what you are to me. A gift I will never stop loving!

I am so proud of you!
Love
Mommy

5 comments:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Your letter to Aliya is so, so sweet. I smile at the pictures of four years ago and today ... now you have a beautiful young girl. I am thrilled God brought you together and know Aliya will cherish your words for years to come!

Laura said...

Happy 4 Years! What a wonderful post. Love you guys! :)

Sweet Patience said...

Happy 4 years! Time has gone by!

Stephanie said...

Oh Kelly I LOVE the family photos!!!! The new blg theme is amazing also. So glad that you were blessed with Miss Aliya 4 years ago, you are a great mom, and she is blessed to have wonderful parents and a big brother!

BumbersBumblings said...

Such a sweet letter! Happy 4 years!