Thursday, May 27, 2010

Speaking Up

As I was in the waiting room scoping out the magazine selection, a beautiful family walked in. Mom (at least 7 1/2 months pg), her husband and their 2 year old daughter AND their infant in a carrier. REALLY GOD? It's like she was showing off how good at making babies she is! Of course this is all in my head, but I couldn't stop staring at them. Two Beautiful blonde children that look just like both of them. As I sat there waiting my turn all I could think about were my two beautiful kids and how the world needs educated about adoption!

Then it was my turn...

Thankfully the shot was easy again, but the scale not so forgiving this time! WOW, either it's way off or I've gained a lot of weight in a month! I'm thinking it's me. Anyway, still no negative side effects from the shot! WOOHOO!!!

So, as I was checking out I asked the nurse who decides what magazines they provide in the waiting room. She just looked at me, I think she thought I was going to try to sell her something. Not so much. She looked at the other nurse and said, "do you know how we choose them"? Then the Nurse Practitioner chimed into the conversation telling me they put out whatever magazine is sent them free through promotions, then got the same puzzled/questioning look on her face as the other two woman sitting there. I casually said, "I'm an adoptive mom and Pregnancy Magazine advertising breast pumps and stretch mark cream don't pertain to me and I can't imagine I'm the only patient that has never been pregnant". The nurse to my right said, "Do they even make an adoption magazine"? "YES!! Adoptive Families Magazine", I excitedly replied. The Nurse Practitioner said she thinks it would be great to have that magazine available for the women they serve and she wonders if they would provide them a free subscription?

SO.... guess what's next on my to-do list!?!

5 comments:

Sweet Patience said...

Great Suggestion Kelly! There should be a variety of magazines for everyone. Thanks for speaking up!

Laura said...

Good for you! I know some fertility docs actually have separate waiting rooms for those with children to be sensitive to others. It doesn't hurt to stand up and speak your mind. :)

Deb said...

Awesome idea! I never would have thought of it.

Jamie said...

Awesome!! I'm sure they would be happy to have their Magazine Advertised in a Dr's office!! Way to go Kelly!!

bwilhelm said...

Way to go daughter! I knew you were born to change the world!!!