Saturday, September 18, 2010

A piece of the puzzle

I talked to Aliya's birthmom today for about 45 minutes!!! This is the first conversation we've had in months. We picked up right where we left off and she shared with me how crazy her life has been recently. I mustered up the courage to ask her about Aliya's birth-father (silently praying she would tell me something, as we know nothing about him, not even his name). She was happy to answer my question and said the I can ask her anything, she has no secrets. I will not post our conversation, that is something we will hold onto for just Aliya. But now knowing it confirms in my heart that we were meant to be her parents! I am so thankful for open adoption!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Wonderful!
I have been thinking lately that I really want to ask Isabel's birthmom the same question. We know his basic info but nothing personal. I'm hoping it's been enough time that she's willing to talk about it.

So glad you have that information for Aliya.

We Are Family said...

LOVE IT!

Laura said...

Awesome!