It's been awhile since I've done updates on the kids, wish I had more pictures to post, but honestly we don't have our camera out much these days!! Here are a few things I can tell you about our little ladybug.
* 100% potty trained!! (day and night, zero accidents!!!)
* Put long sentences together, using words I didn't even realize she knows and using the correctly!
* Asks a million questions a day, about everything, she NEVER stops talking
* Has been talking a lot about being married. When I asked her if she's married she says "yes, to you mommy" (cute)
* Starts "peeschool" tomorrow. She has outgrown the sitter and is ready to move on to bigger and better things! She has her "packpack" all ready to go!!
* Offers to say the dinner prayer each night (hold hands, "now a I lay me...")
* Prays for me when I have a headache
* Is very needy in the mornings, wants me right there watching her get dressed, watching her go potty, getting her things for her (SO independent is so many areas, but is needing that extra bit of love in the morning lately)
* Pretends to text on my phone. She will tell you exactly who she's texting and what she's telling them
* Went to the dentist for the first time last month and did great!
* Still bosses the dog
* Brushes her teeth all by herself (with supervision) but we cannot help at all or she has a melt down
* Still working on colors and letters. We're hoping that a more structured daily routine at preschool will help with this (she's very easily distracted)
* Favorite movies right now are "Elf" and "Matilda" she can quote them and act out scenes, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing
* Wednesday is still her favorite day of the week (Joel comes back)
* Loves to help cook dinner and wash dishes.
* Will tell on herself if she had a bad day at the sitter's. She is very honest.
* Is done with the sticker chart. I knew it wouldn't last, but her behavior continues to be acceptable.
* Will randomly talk about her bible verses from church, she loves God and talks about Him daily
* Talks about her friends who are adopted. She identifies with them and asks about their birth-moms.
I'm sure there are a million other things she does, but for now this list will do. I plan to take pictures before school tomorrow... will post soon!!!
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. I love to read these. Kris and I have Skype now, so we can "watch" Aliya and Joel grow up, eh?
Love,
Dad
Thanks for the update!
Awesome job on the potty-training!
I hope Aliya loves preschool. Ally is so anxious to start next fall. She loves when she gets to stay in Isaac's class for a visit.
We haven't seen Matilda. I'll check the library for it.
Great update! It sounds like your daughter is doing well! Yay for potty training!
Post a Comment